California Concealed Weapon (CCW) Classes
Nobody does civilian firearm CCW training better than NFI. There is a reason thousands of our students continue to refer their family and friends to us, as well as return to us for their own continued training. One of our most popular courses is the California CCW Course. This course is taught in several locations:
- Redding, Ca - Sportsman’s Warehouse, 1659 Hilltop Dr, Redding, Ca 96002. 530-222-5500
- Burney, Ca - Burney Sporting Goods, 37427 Hwy 299 E, Burney, Ca 96013. 530-604-8033
- Chico, Ca - Sportsman’s Warehouse, 765 East Ave, Chico, Ca 95926. 530-897-0500
- Fairfield, Ca - Sportsman’s Warehouse, 1590 Gateway Blvd, Fairfield, Ca 94533. 707-389-7400
- Fresno, Ca - Sportsman’s Warehouse, 8468 N> Friant Rd, Fresno, Ca 93720. 559-261-2900
- Rancho Cordova, Ca - Sportsman’s Warehouse. 2344 Sunrise Blvd, Rancho Cordova, Ca 95670. 916-635-7800
- Rocklin, Ca - Sportsman’s Warehouse, 6640 Lonetree Blvd, Rocklin, Ca, 95765. 916-782-9900
- Rocklin, Ca - NorCal Gun Vault, 6761 Stanford Ranch Rd Suite A, Rocklin, Ca 95677. 916-624- (GUNS)-4867
- Rohnert Park, Ca - Sportsman’s Warehouse, 5195 Redwood Dr, Rohnert Park, Ca 94928. 707-585-1500
- Vacaville, Ca - Guns Fishing and Other Stuff. 197 Butcher Rd, Vacaville, Ca 95687. 707-451-1199
- Weaverville, Ca - Weaverville Rod and Gun Club. Hwy 299W, Junction City Ca.
NFI is the most prolific firearms instruction company in California.
NFI is authorized to teach CCW to residents in 28 Northern California Counties. If you live north of Visalia Ca, chances are we are teaching an authorized CCW class in your area.
CCW Classes vary in length and curriculum based on the county of residence. Most counties mandate a minimum of 8 hours training in order to qualify for a CCW. Shasta County mandates 12 hours and Sacramento, Yolo, Alameda, and San Joaquin counties mandate 16 hours of training by an authorized instructor.
NFI is the most qualified firearms instruction company in California.
NFI is composed of 100% NRA credentialed instructors. This credentialing process is formal and must be updated every year to remain current. Each instructor is hand-picked based on experience and current teaching credentials. This “quality over quantity” philosophy ensures our students receive the best value in training in the State.
NFI maintains a strict instructor to student ratio to ensure a quality student experience. For each 3 students who are firing a gun on the range at any time there is an NFI instructor within arms length of them. Generally, the below packing list will be adequate for an NFI range training class.
Range Training Packing List:
THIS LIST IS NON-SPECIFIC. PLEASE CONTACT YOUR INSTRUCTOR IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE A PACKING LIST FOR YOUR PARTICULAR TRAINING
- Firearm (Can be supplied by NFI, please contact us via web or phone)
- 100 Cartridges (Can be supplied by NFI; please contact us via web or phone)
- Baseball Cap
- Closed Toed Shoes
- Hand Towel
- Folding Chair
- Eye Protection
- Ear Protection
- Water or Snacks (Optional)
- Sunscreen (Optional)
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for more detailed information.
*Shasta County and many other counties require a CCW Permit application be filed within 60 days of the date on the course completion certificate which students receive on completion of their final module. If you go beyond this period it may be necessary to attend an update class to obtain an updated certificate.Find Classes 〉